Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reading

I LOVE a good book!  I mean who doesn't? :)  In fact, I have really been enjoying my time over these last few weeks to read!  Some of my favorite authors are Nicholas Sparks-good books but when I try to remember the plots from some of his books, they all seem to run together:)  Jodi Picoult-I love how she takes topics that are relevant and morphs them into a very good story!  Of course I loved the Harry Potter books and then there is the Twilight series...couldn't put it down and can't wait for the last movie to come out in a couple of months (GIRLS NIGHT!!!).  I enjoyed the Hunger Games series as well!  Most recently I've read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.  The True Blood series (on HBO I think) is based on those books.  I've yet to see the series, but have been tempted to go and rent a few seasons to watch and see what I think.  Most recently....I was sucked into the Fifty Shades of Grey series!  Yes, there is sex...a lot of sex....but for those of you who have read them, there is a love story there....and I am a sucker for a good love story!  I mean, what girl doesn't dream of some handsome, very rich bachelor falling in love with her and sweeping her off her feet....ok, so maybe it doesn't exactly happen that way, but I still enjoyed the series.  In fact....I've read the whole series twice in 8 days!  When I find a good book/series, I get a little Obsessive/Compulsive about finishing it....I stay up late trying to suck in as much time as I can in the books.  I'm a fast reader, so I devour books quickly...then when I reach the end I'm worried that I read too fast and missed some important details...so then I start the journey again.  It makes Tony furious because he can't understand why I would want to read the same books over and over (oh and maybe because I totally ignore him while I read!)...but if they are good, I love getting lost in the story all over again:)  I've done this with all of the recent series that I have read (sans the Sookie Stackhouse because there were just too many of them!).  With Twilight, I had to physically remove the books from my house so that I wouldn't start on them again, I put the Hunger Games away in a cabinet so that I wouldn't seen them laying out...and now I need to do the same with the Fifty Shades series!...because I'm tempted to start them again:)  Although, I have read it a few other recent books on the iPad...so it is hard to "remove" them from my proximity:)  But I am determined not to read them again....so I went downstairs and picked up my copy of Twilight....maybe just a quick chapter before I turn in for the night:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm the same as you when I'm reading a book and I just power through it and ignore all real-life people around me (as well as the need for sleep). I've never re-read a book though. Last week I read "The Rescue" by Nicholas Sparks and loved it. I'll have to check out some of the other books you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you're good looking. I picture either an old lady in her favorite rocker or an old man in his housecoat, pipe, and english accent telling this tale.

    ReplyDelete