Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
The Bouncy Seat: This was probably one of the first things we used and was used most often. Actually when I think back--we used it ALL the time. We used to put him in it and sit him on the table during meal times, when we took showers, and I remember carefully putting him in it so that he wouldn't wake up and sitting him next to me while I was on the couch trying to catch a few ZZZ's during those first weeks at home by myself. Then when I was finally feeling up to it, we would put him in it while we were downstairs working out together. I remember being amazed when he finally was able to reach up and pull the handle so the music could play all by himself....5 green and speckled frogs was always in our heads:) It seemed all too soon that he was starting to "sit a little low" in it and he would much rather be sitting up himself rather than sitting in it......so to storage it went to possibly await another Arms' baby in the future.
The Swing: I remember being very excited when we received this as a gift. He was probably a few weeks old before we put him in it, but he seemed to like it. He spent many a naps in there, especially before he was on his wonderful schedule that he has now. We used to take any time that we could get! In the past several weeks it had not been used much....again he was much happier sitting by himself on the floor...it is much easier to move about when you aren't "strapped in!" So, it was time to retire the swing as well. May it rest peacefully until it is called into duty again:)
Hard to believe he has outgrown those two items already! Time is flying by....coming up on 8 months! Tony downloaded the videos from the camera, so hopefully soon I will upload a few of those for everyone to see:)
Saturday, July 24, 2010
"Participation in sports may lead you to a lucrative career."
Let's just say that Daddy is very hopeful that this one will come true:)
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
So last Wednesday evening, Tony and I were playing on the floor with Owen working on his crawling skills. Tony got him to take a few "steps" and I remember asking "does that count?" I have a calendar that I got as a gift (thanks Diane B!!) that I am tracking all of his milestones on and I was wondering if I could put the "crawls" sticker on. Tony thought that it counted, so on went the sticker:) Then on Thursday I got a text from my mom saying that he had gone about 6 inches, picked up a toy and then sat down with it......so yes, it definitely counted! So, for the past week we had been enjoying the fact that he WAS crawling, but had yet to figure out that it could take him farther than the 4 or 5 foot radius of his toys. Well, that was until I went to pick him up from my mom's house yesterday afternoon. When I walked in I got the "it's really exciting, but a little sad because it means he's growing up" look. She said that in the past 45 minutes or so that he had "really gotten the hang of it!" So her and grampa demonstrated his new found ability--and then I had the same look she had:)
So last night--yes less than a week after it all began--Tony and I got him on video. It's another one from my cell phone, so it is a little grainy--but you can definitely seem him moving:) (and we do have a really nice video camera that has a video of him crawling--but do you think I can figure out how to transfer the movies!!)
And even tonight he doesn't need to be "enticed" anymore--he just decides that he wants to go places now:) Gone are the days of leaving him in one place and coming back in a minute or two to find him in the relative same place!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Owen is definitely a talker...Tony and I took him out to eat over the weekend and he wanted to tell EVERYONE in the restaurant how much he was enjoying himself while he played with his toy. I decided to capture a little bit of it on my cell phone.....enjoy:)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Oh--and happy birthday Gramma! (She shared her day with Owen)
Monday, July 5, 2010
Here is the latest:
- He is sitting up like a pro! It seemed like only a few weeks ago we couldn't sit him up without being right next to him for fear he would fall over and bonk his head on something. Now he can sit for a long time--20 minutes or more just playing by himself with all of his toys.
- Movement: No crawling yet, but he spends lots of time on his belly and we are just waiting for it to happen. He is able to turn around in circles, both when he is sitting and laying on his belly. He is funny when he sits because he takes his hands between his legs and pushes himself backwards. When he is on his belly, he still mostly goes backwards. He attempts to get up on his knees and when they slide out from under him, he ends up back a few inches. In fact yesterday I tried to entice him with both the remote and phone (2 of his favorite things!!) and he ended up about 4 feet away in the wrong direction! We also never know how we will find him in the morning--he is all over the place in his crib!
- He is eating several things--all still made by me mostly. He has eaten a few "processed" foods but only when we are out where there isn't access to a microwave:) He still doesn't like many green veggies, although peas seemed to go better than green beans. He is also eating more than he was before--he has had a few tastes of things from the table, but not many.
- He is still breastfeeding/bottles about 4 times a day. Still can't believe that I am nursing! With how things started out--I literally shake my head when I think about it! He is also drinking water from a sippy cup at meal times and we have just recently put a little bit of apple juice in it--of course heavily watered down:)--and he seems to like that too!
- Sleeping: He has really gotten into a good routine these last couple of weeks. He takes a nap in the morning which usually lasts anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hours and then he takes one in the afternoon that usually lasts 1 1/2-2 hours. At night, he is usually in bed between 8-8:30 and sleeps until 5:30-6:30. So overall he has been doing great in sleep department, which has been really good for mommy and daddy (and gramma too!)
- He is an excellent waver now and he just started clapping last week! Will try to get some video of it, but he still seems to sense when we are trying to get him to do it for video!