Here is the latest:
- He is sitting up like a pro! It seemed like only a few weeks ago we couldn't sit him up without being right next to him for fear he would fall over and bonk his head on something. Now he can sit for a long time--20 minutes or more just playing by himself with all of his toys.
- Movement: No crawling yet, but he spends lots of time on his belly and we are just waiting for it to happen. He is able to turn around in circles, both when he is sitting and laying on his belly. He is funny when he sits because he takes his hands between his legs and pushes himself backwards. When he is on his belly, he still mostly goes backwards. He attempts to get up on his knees and when they slide out from under him, he ends up back a few inches. In fact yesterday I tried to entice him with both the remote and phone (2 of his favorite things!!) and he ended up about 4 feet away in the wrong direction! We also never know how we will find him in the morning--he is all over the place in his crib!
- He is eating several things--all still made by me mostly. He has eaten a few "processed" foods but only when we are out where there isn't access to a microwave:) He still doesn't like many green veggies, although peas seemed to go better than green beans. He is also eating more than he was before--he has had a few tastes of things from the table, but not many.
- He is still breastfeeding/bottles about 4 times a day. Still can't believe that I am nursing! With how things started out--I literally shake my head when I think about it! He is also drinking water from a sippy cup at meal times and we have just recently put a little bit of apple juice in it--of course heavily watered down:)--and he seems to like that too!
- Sleeping: He has really gotten into a good routine these last couple of weeks. He takes a nap in the morning which usually lasts anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hours and then he takes one in the afternoon that usually lasts 1 1/2-2 hours. At night, he is usually in bed between 8-8:30 and sleeps until 5:30-6:30. So overall he has been doing great in sleep department, which has been really good for mommy and daddy (and gramma too!)
- He is an excellent waver now and he just started clapping last week! Will try to get some video of it, but he still seems to sense when we are trying to get him to do it for video!
Hanging out with daddy!
For some reason he liked laying in this position:)
Evidence of Movement! He actually started out sitting
up in the Boppy and this is where he was when
I snapped the picture...actually a little bit forward:)