Friday, October 22, 2010

Catching up.....and Taking Steps

So, it feels like forever since I have been on here....so I figure I better do some catching up:) It is so really crazy how fast time goes sometimes! Probably the biggest news from us is that I have had to endure one of the hardest things yet as a mommy......I had to leave my baby! There is a really great conference every year in Minneapolis which focuses on Assistive Technology. I was offered the opportunity to go last year, but I couldn't go because of the pregnancy. I knew the question was coming again this year and I just wasn't sure what my answer was going to be. I wasn't sure if I could leave him for 4 days!! Tony and I had several conversations and we came to the consensus that it was a really good opportunity for me to further myself in my job, so that I should do it. So, I and 3 other co-workers hit the road on Wednesday......and we come home tomorrow. I probably won't make it home until after he is in bed, but I can't wait to see him....and daddy:)

Our other big news is that Owen has been getting closer and closer to walking. He took a few steps for me on Tuesday evening of this week. I was very excited cause he did it for me....wouldn't really do it for daddy...plus I was leaving the next morning! I made Tony promise that he wouldn't encourage him in any way while I was gone.....but according to daddy, Owen has not needed any encouraging:) I received a video of him taking several steps.....I was standing in the middle of Mall of America with tears in my eyes! I figured I would go ahead and upload it for everyone to see (if you have Tony as a friend on Facebook, you've already seen it). Its really short, but he is really close!!

Daddy says he is not encouraging him, but you can clearly hear him tell Owen to walk to him!! Can't wait to head out tomorrow and have him walk into my arms!

2 comments:

  1. Your heart must be aching being gone, good job opportunity or not! So exciting that he is taking steps! Hurry home and I bet he'll be so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Owen! He's going to go from tentative steps to running in no time.

    ReplyDelete