Monday, July 18, 2011

CD9 Appt

So today was my CD9 appt. To refresh, CD9 is the first monitoring appt since I started all of my stimulating medicines last week. They check the growth of the follicles, my E2 (Estradiol) levels (hormone that correlates with the follicle growth) and check my uterine lining to make sure that everything is in sync. Based on all of the info, it is decided whether or not I continue meds, stop meds, when my retrieval will be, etc. Needless to say.....it didn't go as well as I would have hoped.

I was/am feeling pretty bloated, so I was expecting to see lots of eggs on my ultrasound.....but I only have 4!! One on the left and 3 on the right.....I think the doctor was a little surprised as well! In my past cycles I have always had around 10.....so 4 is really low! Do 2 years really make that much of a difference?! My uterine lining was a 10.5 and anything over 8 is considered good....so I guess that was a positive:) Next I had my E2 levels drawn, but of course it takes a while to get those results so I went in to see my coordinator. Since the only info they had at the moment was my ultrasound, she gave me some "generic" instructions to continue my meds at the same amount as I had been doing and also gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. The antibiotic must be something new that they started since my last cycle.....guess they want to make sure that we don't have any lingering infections as we go through the major part of the cycle. I was supposed to go back on Tuesday morning for another ultrasound and bloodwork, so I made those appointments on my way out.

Later in the afternoon I got a call from my coordinator. She said that based on my bloodwork, that I needed to continue my meds for the next 3 nights and not come back until Thursday morning for an ultrasound and bloodwork......I made a statement that my levels must have been pretty low....and she said that it was 190! Each mature follicle should produce somewhere between 200-600....so needless to say I am way off.....

So, I have to say that I am not feeling as optimistic about this cycle as I was in the beginning. I know it only takes 1....but to not have that many to start with is a little disheartening. So, I'm continuing my meds and waiting to see where Thursday leaves us....

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. You can still pull this one out. Positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, I always had a low follicle count, as well, and ended with positive results! It's not about the quantity but the quality...Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete