Saturday, June 6, 2009

12 Weeks

12 Weeks: The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

So it is hard to believe that I am officially 12 weeks along! The above is from BabyCenter.com--they send weekly updates and pictures, so I thought I would share with all of you! Tony and I are very excited to be entering into the 2nd trimester! I have to admit we were never sure that we would be at this place, and it is still very surreal that we are here. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I am even pregnant (although my clothes are starting to tell me otherwise!!) but we are getting more and more excited with each passing day.
Med Update: I wanted to let everyone know about my meds. At my last appointment at SIRM, I was told to continue my Progesterone shots and Estrogen/Progesterone suppositories until 12 weeks, so after tonight I am officially done with those!!! YEA!! My behind can start to heal from all of those shots!! As far as the dexamethasone (steroid) goes, I was able to wean off of that at 10 weeks, so I have been off of that for a couple of weeks. It was amazing how tired I started to get after I went off of the insomnia drug! As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I will continue with the Lovenox (blood thinner) injections throughout the entire pregnancy. Those shots are a breeze though (after everything else!) so I am not complaining. Dr. Schultz from SIRM also said we could stop all of the extra supplements and such that we were taking as well, so that will be an ease on the pocketbook:)
Next week will be very spotty with posting.....I am doing a week long training in Morton, which starts on Sunday and goes through Friday! They are very long days and I am not sure when I will be getting home at night. Lately it seems I could sleep for about 10 hours at night, so my priorities may be leaning a little more towards resting:) I do have my next OB appt on Wednesday, so I will try to update after that:)
(For some reason, blogger is not recognizing my paragraphs--no matter what I do! So sorry that it is all clumpted together!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment