Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mancation

Sorry it has been so long since I posted! I was going to do it last night, but with the huge storms that came through, I decided to delay!

What is a Mancation you may be asking?.....well a mancation is what Tony labeled his weekend get-a-way with one of his good friends to a mountain biking festival in Michigan:) They were kind of making fun of themselves because just the two of them were traveling to Michigan to enjoy a weekend of camping and mountain biking. For the past couple of years a large contingent of friends have been able to go, but this year was a little further away and others had other commitments....so Tony and Dave loaded up the car with bikes and camping gear and headed north! I am happy to report that he has returned relatively in one piece. There was one crash that has resulted in some sore ribs, but so far no need to visit our friendly physician or ER, so that is always a good trip:)

While Tony was gone I decided to use my time on Friday night to clean the house! I know, I know, pretty exciting thing to do....but I love doing it while he is away because then I can enjoy it without walking around picking up and wiping up after he does something--plus it drives him nuts when I do it:) Saturday I headed to Springfield for some high school baseball playoff action--unfortunately the team I was rooting for lost, but it was still a pretty good time. After the game, I headed back to town to pick up a new accessory for our garage (more on that in a later post!!) and then out to dinner and a movie with my mom, aunt, and cousin. We saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past--it was cute. Sunday I went to church and then to my aunts for lunch. We had a little birthday party for my dad (birthday was yesterday). Tony came home later that afternoon. Overall it was a pretty good weekend.

I should be able to update a little more frequently this week and get caught up with everything and where we are. My last day of work was today.....well for the next couple of days at least. I go back to work on Sunday to set up for a week long training in Morton.....and then it is time for summer school to start...so I will enjoy my 3 days off:)

No comments:

Post a Comment