Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Conniving!!

So I have a little news to share. As I have mentioned before Aunt Jill works at my OB office. So Tony has been bugging me to go in this week to listen to the heartbeat again. I mentioned to Aunt Jill yesterday that I might stop by this afternoon to do that. I went to lunch and to get a pedicure after I got off at 12:00. Well Aunt Jill had called me like 5 times by the time I got to the nail salon. I called her back and she said that she thought she had convinced the doctor to squeeze me in at 1:00 for a "play" sono but since I didn't call her back that she wasn't sure anymore. I told her it was no big deal, that hearing the heartbeat would be good enough.

So I got my pedicure and called her when I left the salon to let her know that I was on my way. When I got there I went back to her office and she got one of the nurses to come and do the Doppler so we could hear the heartbeat. She found it right away and it was 156 bpm and it sounded good. So we left the room and Jill wanted me to "hang out" until Dr. B came out of the room she was in. When she did, she started laughing when she saw me and told me that Jill had be conniving all day for her to do the sono. I just laughed back and then she asked if I wanted to take a peek--I told her that I wouldn't turn her down! She said I better call Tony and make sure that it was ok if we did it. I called him and he reluctantly agreed to do it. Dr. B told me that she would see me after her last patient. Well, Tony decided he would head to the office in the meantime and actually made it there before Dr. B was finished. Aunt Jill said that her only request was that she had to be allowed in since she was the one who got the sono early--Tony agreed and we headed to the room.

So after much anticipation and me confirming to Dr. B that I had absolutely nothing to do with the conniving of the sono, she squirted my belly with jelly and we started. The baby was moving all over the place when she first started--Dr. B actually told it to stop dancing so she could get some pictures....and pictures she took! We have 9 that she sent home with us! I will post one when I have a minute to work the scanner (we got a really awesome one of the side profile of the whole baby)!! Everything looked really good, heart had 4 chambers, head and brain looked good, spine looked good, 2 arms and 2 legs and there was possibly something lurking between the legs!! Yep, it MIGHT be a boy. Dr. B said we have to take it with a grain of salt, but she was pretty sure--and so were we--that we saw something there between the legs. At one point it looked like the baby had the hiccups--very cute to watch.

So needless to say we were very excited that everything looked good and was where it was supposed to be! Tony is cautiously pumped about the possibility of a boy, but is keeping it in check at this point. No buying lots of blue items just yet! I have my regular appointment next week (9th) and then should schedule the regular sono for 2-3 weeks after that. Then we should be pretty sure of the sex after that one! Just thought I would share our little news with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment