Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Look and Thoughts

I had my last appointment with the perinatologist today. I asked Tony to accompany me so that we could both hear the same things and see the same things--always nice to have a back-up:) The tech did the sono and she was able to get a few decent pictures of him--she tried hard since it was our last appointment:) I've posted one at the bottom of this post for everyone to see....will be interesting to see how accurate the 3D sono pics are! She also again did a quick weight estimate (unofficially since it hadn't been 3 weeks since my last one) and she was estimating him at 7lbs 7ozs......now take that with a grain of salt since she told us it could be +/- a pound! The doctor told me to take my last dose of Baby Aspirin on Wednesday morning and my last dose of Lovenox on Wednesday night in preparation for induction on Friday. I will double check all of that with Dr. B on Wednesday afternoon at my hopefully last appointment with her before we meet again in the hospital for delivery:) The doctor said that I had done wonderfully and he was happy with how everything had turned out....he asked for a picture once he's born.

As "D" day is fast approaching, I've begun to really reflect on how we made it to this point. Being pregnant and having our baby has been a long time dream for me. Honestly, the pregnancy has been very enjoyable for me. I really can't complain--never really had morning sickness or any of the other nasty side-effects that pregnancy can sometimes bring. I had a little bit of a back issue, but all in all things have gone well with everything considered. I've also determined that I will miss having him "with" me at all times. He has been my constant companion for the last 37 weeks! It is hard for me to remember what my life--and my body--was like before he joined me in my belly! I love being able to feel him moving around throughout the day. On one hand I can't wait to meet and hold him and on the other it has been a joy to have him growing inside of me all of these weeks. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Enjoy the picture!--of course he has his hand covering up 1/2 his face...what else is new!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to do great!! I'll be sending you lots of strength and prayers...can't wait to hear all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Tony are going to be wonderful parents!!! Good luck with labor and hopefully it's a short one! :) Can't wait to hear the name and meet the little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete