Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Potty Training: Day 2

Let me just start by saying that Day 2 did not go as well as Day 1...but that was probably my fault! I was feeling so good about Day 1, that I decided to try to push the 30 min time limit and see if he could maybe tell me when he had to go....major FAIL! We started off the morning first with another poop in the underwear...I was unloading the dishwasher and literally turned around for 10 seconds and he was gone! I went sprinting through the house to find him and the deed had already been done :( Then I decided to go for a run at the park. He went to the bathroom right before we left and by the time we pulled into the park after I loaded the jogging stroller and dog and put a snack and juice in the car...he had peed :( (and it was less than the original 30 min time limit) so I had a wet carseat and I had to change him before we could run. He did good on the run and when we got home I decided my aging, hot dog needed some fresh water before taking him to the bathroom and he peed again! :( This time he told me "mom, I'm peeing!" as he was doing it. He did go a little more by the time we got to the bathroom so I guess that was good. We went outside after that to play with bubbles and a few things and so I could get the carseat out to be washed...and before we could get back in, he peed again....:( He again told me as he was doing it. He had another peeing while he told me he was doing it episode after his nap...grrr! Why can't he tell me before it starts! I know I shouldn't be upset or discouraged, but I was. I wanted to be one of those moms that trained their kids in two days and said it was a breeze....obviously not!:) Oh well, he did good with a grandma at our house while Tony and I went to our churches Easter Passion Play last night...we had her take him every 30 mins:)

I do wonder if his Kidney issue has anything to do with the peeing before he knows it....or am I just looking for an excuse as to why it didn't happen perfectly in 2 days:) I tried to think what was different about Day 2 and I do think he had a little more to drink than on Day 1. We still give him "juice flavored water" which is about 1/4 juice and 3/4 water so maybe that is why? Again...just looking for excuses:) Onto Day 3!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I took the kids on a set schedule for a few months and let them get that down pat before we advanced to increasing the time and then letting them tell me. They've been potty trained for 7 months and there are still set times during the day that they go. Interestingly enough, keeping their bladder emptied during the day keeps them dry during naps and bedtime.

    ReplyDelete