Saturday, May 5, 2012

Final Cycle: Egg Retrieval

Well, I am home and now awake from my 2 1/2 hour nap after egg retrieval.  Everything went well and they got 11 eggs....just like the paper said:)  Like I mentioned, I don't expect them all to be mature and all to fertilize so it will be interesting to see what we are left with.  I'm feeling ok....very bloated and a little crampy.  No side-effects from the anesthesia except for being sleepy:)

Another big shout out to my mom and dad (aka Gramma and Grampa) for helping out today. Grampa took Owen for the morning while my mom took me for the procedure.  The boys went to Menards-one of his favorite places to look for "forktrucks" and then to the park before heading back to their house for lunch and a nap.  They offered to keep him tonight so that I could be fully recovered before he came back home tomorrow, which is much appreciated since he is back in his "only mommy can do things" phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment