Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Goodbye SIRM.....for now at least

Today has been a little bittersweet. I had my last intralipid infusion today at SIRM. I am "officially" done with them. No more "milk bag" infusions that take up my lunchtime. I'm not sure what I will do with myself when I don't have to go there every 4 weeks anymore. I'm sure that I will find myself busy enough with my weekly perinatologist and OB appointments which are soon approaching, but I wouldn't be where I am now without their help. They were there through 5 started cycles, 2 of which ended up cancelled, 2 of which ended with an undesired outcome and finally the last one which gave us this precious little miracle. I got a little emotional as I said goodbye. I hugged most of the nurses and staff and even got to say goodbye to Dr. Schultz, who I really believe is the most important part of our fifth and final successful cycle. Everyone there is truly excited for you when you reach your goal and suffer with you until you make it there, so I feel like I am leaving a part of my new family behind as I "move on." They all made me promise to bring the baby in once he is born so they can meet the fruits of their labors. Plus, they are supposed to be getting a grand new office that is mirrored after Dr. Sher's office in Las Vegas--so I will definitely be checking in on that since they get to move around the first of the year:) The other good thing was that I paid my balance in full (at least what is left after what insurance is supposed to pay for this last infusion) so that was a good feeling as well:) We still have 2 (I think) cycles covered by insurance should we want to try for another baby, but I can't even fathom that right now--lets get through this one first:) So I could be seeing them again in the future....

Oh--then I went back to work and broke part of a crown off on a tootsie-roll pop! Now it is off to the dentist on my lunch hour tomorrow to have that checked! I finish with one, only to start with another......

No comments:

Post a Comment