Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fert Report

We got the call this morning from the nurse with my fertilization report. This is the call that can keep your positivity up or drop it to the lowest of lows. I always wait on pins and needles for the call. Lets just say, that mine did not help my positivity. Of the 11 that were retrieved, 7 were mature (had the possibility of fertilizing), and 4 fertilized normally. The nurse said that the embryologist had said that my egg quality was "about the same." The only reason she mentioned this was because I saw the embryologist before my procedure yesterday and I told her that I hoped my eggs were better this time. I think my nurse could tell I was a little down with the news, so she told me to remember that we were doing a lot of things different this cycle, so that news may not mean anything negatively. She checked to make sure that I didn't have any bad pain or bleeding and when I told her I was fine, she gave me the tentative time for ET. Right now I am scheduled for 2:30 on Monday afternoon. There is a possibility that I would be moved up, so to be available all afternoon. I can call Monday after 10:00AM to check on the embryos and to make sure I am not moved up earlier that day or moved back to a 5-day transfer.

Well needless to say I was hoping for better results. I cried when I got off the phone--there is just not much to do with egg quality. We tried the high-estrogen BCP's and a little time with Fortamet and supplements. So I am not feeling very good about the outcome of this cycle. I will try to stay positive though until the "Beta Results" sing. Tony has been wonderful--even bought me a new cubs shirt to cheer me up:) I know for some of you that would make you sad! For me though, it made me smile. Oh well, what can you do now but deal with what is in front of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment