Thursday, April 9, 2009

Am I Supposed to Be Happy?

So, I got my call around 11:30. The nurse didn't leave the info in the message, so I had to call her back. She told me that Beta #1 was a 2 and Beta #2 was an 11. Technically this means that I am pregnant, but the numbers are really low. I have to go back on Monday to have another test ran to see how the numbers are doing. A lot of times when the numbers start out really low it can end in what is called a biochemical or chemical pregnancy. This means that since the blood test is so sensitive it picked up a pregnancy way early and that it may never come to fruition. So now we continue with the waiting game. All they look for in the tests is for the numbers to at least double within 48 hours, which mine more than did. So on Monday the number needs to be at least 44.....

Tony and I aren't really sure how to feel. In one sense we want to be happy because I have NEVER had any kind of a number on these tests, but in another they are really low so it may not end up the way we want it to. So, am I supposed to be happy? I'm not really sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment