Saturday, April 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

So I feel like I haven't had much time to sit down these past few days! I thought I would let you know what we've been up to:

Thursday night after work we went and did a little shopping for our trip to Florida. Not that I am showing by any means, but I am just not feeling very comfortable in a lot of my tops. Most of them fit pretty tightly and I just feel a little subconscious about it. One reason is I feel people are scrutinizing how I look and I feel really bloated and pudgy from all of my shots, hormones and meds that I am taking! Needless to say it wasn't the best experience. Tony really wasn't much of a help either. After trying on countless things, I left with a dress, but have since decided to take it back because I really didn't need it! I know, I know, why did we even go? I'm not sure anymore. Also, Tony apologized when we got home because he didn't realize how I was really feeling about the whole situation:)

Friday night, my boss asked Tony and I to come and help with the local PBS/WTVP auction. We went there for a couple of hours and sold raffle tickets. It was a good time, and of course Tony wowed all of the people with his "skills!" Emily (one of my co-workers) and I were sorely out-maneuvered by him at times, especially when he made a sign that said he gave out free kisses to anyone who bought a ticket from him instead of us. Right after Emily went through and offered to sell some and no one took her offer, Tony walked through with his sign and he got a woman to buy from him! He had us all laughing, but I got the last laugh when one of my tickets was drawn as the winning ticket!

Today I had to go and teach an all-day restraint class for work. Don't worry, I was very careful and did let my partner in on the truth (everyone else thought that I had a bad back!), so she make sure I was careful as well:) I had to be there at 7:30 this morning and was gone until late this afternoon! While I was gone, Tony mowed the lawn (his most favorite activity!!) and gave the dog a bath. He needed it, especially because he is going to Aunt Mindy and Uncle Bill's while we are in Florida! We didn't want to send them a stinky dog! I did take a nap on the couch when I got home and the evening so far has been pretty low-key. The draft is on, so I had to wait my turn on the computer before I could have a chance to post:) Draft weekend is like a holiday in our house, with lots of predicting, phone calls, texting, and message board posting!

Tomorrow my plan is to go to church as long as I feel ok. I am beat right now and have had a cough for a few days, which has now turned more into a sinus/cold thing as well as the cough. I had to call Aunt Jill and ask what was okay to take. I tried some Sudafed today, but I am not sure it really helped. I don't really want to take anything, but I felt pretty bad this morning! I might have to break down and buy the cough syrup she said was okay to take-although I hate taking stuff! Ok, so after church I am sure we will have our weekly grocery run (of course all of this depends when the draft comes on tomorrow as well!!)....well, I just had to exit the computer because Buffalo made a surprise I am back. I have a Lia Sophia party to go to in the afternoon, and then I want to start cleaning the house before we leave. I like it to be clean before we leave because cleaning is the last thing I want to do when I get back from a vacation!

So we have been busy, which is good because I have had less time to think about Tuesday! We are getting excited and more nervous with each day. I am still worried that things are not developing like they should be.....I am trying to be positive, but going through IVF you hear about everything bad thing that can happen in these situations! So I am trying to keep those thoughts in the far back corners of my mind and keep the more positive ones in the front:)

Well that is about it for now! I will check in when I have some more time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment