Thursday, April 2, 2009

What's Happening in There?

I found this information and thought that I would share it with everyone. This is basically what is happening with me right now, well hopefully:

This is what happens in a 3dt : (Days Past Transfer=dpt)
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

So basically, the office tests on the first possible day that HCG is being secreted by the placenta. A lot of people like to POAS/HPT (Pee On A Stick/Home Pregnancy Test) but I have never been one to do it. Most HPT's do not pick up HCG until it is at 25, and even then it is unreliable--some betas come back at 8 from the first test--so if you get a negative it can be deceiving. I would just rather wait and see from the true test. I've decided if this ever does work, then I will POAS because I have never seen a + in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment